Welcome to the Mezzanine project. To learn more about Mezzanine please read the Overview which contains a feature list, installation guide and other general information. To get an idea of the types of sites possible with Mezzanine, have a look at the gallery of sites powered by Mezzanine.
A working knowledge of Django is required to work with Mezzanine and the documentation assumes as much. If you’re new to Django, you’ll need to work through the Django tutorial before being able to understand the concepts used throughout the Mezzanine documentation. A mantra for working with Mezzanine: Mezzanine Is Just Django - Ken Bolton, Mezzanine core team member.
Front-end developers can read about how to set up templates for specific Device Handling such as phones and tablets. Mezzanine also comes with the ability for content authors to edit content directly within a page while viewing it on the website. You can read about this and how to implement this feature within templates under In-line Editing.
Back-end developers can get a better technical overview of how content is managed and how to customize Mezzanine in general by reading about Mezzanine’s Content Architecture which describes the main components and how to extend them with your own custom content types, or by reading about Model Customization for implementing more low-level customizations as required. There is also a section on the Admin Customization provided by Mezzanine, as well as a Model Graph depicting the relationships between all the models.
Further reading includes Frequently Asked Questions, Utilities, a section on Public User Accounts, support for Multi-Lingual Sites, information about Mezzanine’s Search Engine, and a section on Mezzanine’s Configuration which outlines the various settings for configuring Mezzanine. Lastly, you can learn about Importing External Blogs into Mezzanine, Twitter Integration, or just browse the auto-generated docs for each of Mezzanine’s Packages.
Table Of Contents¶
- Content Architecture
- Model Customization
- Admin Customization
- Multi-Lingual Sites
- Model Graph
- Device Handling
- In-line Editing
- Caching Strategy
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to know to use Mezzanine?
- Why does the WYSIWYG editor strip out my custom HTML?
- Why isn’t the homepage a Page object I can edit via the admin?
- Why is Mezzanine a Django project, and not a Django app?
- Where are all the templates I can modify?
- How do I create/install a theme?
- Why does Mezzanine contain its own [FEATURE] instead of using [PACKAGE]?
- How can I add Mezzanine to an existing Django project?
- Why are Grappelli and Filebrowser forked?
- What is this Pillow dependency?
- Why doesn’t Mezzanine have [FEATURE]?
- Can I use Cartridge without Mezzanine?
- I don’t know how to code, how can I contribute?
- Public User Accounts
- Search Engine
- Importing External Blogs
- Twitter Integration